What's new
What's new

Choosing between Optical Comparator and Vision System

eopin

Plastic
Hello,

I have set up a new Swiss CNC job shop in India, I am looking forward to installing either a vision system or an optical comparator.

1) I am confused between getting an optical comparator or a vision system. Pros & Cons comparison of both systems. Which one is more future-proof?

2) There are many companies of both systems in India, including Mitutoyo, Mahr, Keyence, MicroVu, and other local manufacturers. Any recommendations on which brand to go for? So far I have opted for Mitutoyo's PJ3000 system and QS-200 system. I would appreciate any kind of product experience or suggestions on the same.

Thanks!

Optical Comparator

Hello,

I have set up a new Swiss CNC job shop in India, I am looking forward to installing either a vision system or an optical comparator.

1) I am confused between getting an optical comparator or a vision system. Pros & Cons comparison of both systems. Which one is more future-proof?

2) There are many companies of both systems in India, including Mitutoyo, Mahr, Keyence, MicroVu, and other local manufacturers. Any recommendations on which brand to go for? So far I have opted for Mitutoyo's PJ3000 system and QS-200 system. I would appreciate any kind of product experience or suggestions on the same.

Thanks!
What's the tolerance of the majority of parts to be inspected? And what can realistically be expected from an Optical Comparator? This is a piece of equipment that needs proper engineering support to pay for itself. You mentioned your a job shop. Limited production? Repeat orders? What are you doing that makes you think you need an Optical Comparator? Justify the benefit against the cost on paper.

All the best,
Roger

Back