What's new
What's new

CIMCORE Sringer ii - software options?

xa-mont

Hot Rolled
Hey guys,

I've bought a CIMCORE Stinger ii, and I plan on using it mostly for reverse engineering of parts.

I use Fusion 360 as my CAD/CAM package, and Autodesk has PowerSHAPE that they suggest would be the best solution for me.

Just wondering what's out there that people would suggest? Integration with Fusion would be ideal, but isn't necessary if there is something that would be better overall package than PowerSHAPE.

BTW this is my first leap into the world of CMM arms, so if there is something that i'm not considering that i should be, please let me know.

Cheers,
Trav

PowerInspect and PowerShape is a pretty comprehensive combination for reverse engineering. Neither have anything to do with Fusion directly, but nor do any of the alternatives. I use PowerInspect on our CMM and it is pretty nice, I used to use PowerShape many years ago but we dropped it in favour of Solidworks because it was more in line with what we do (we do very little RE, and PS is/was a little cumbersome as a modeller compared to others)

As good as they are for your purpose, I'd advise against becoming invested in Autodesk's ex-Delcam products. AD won't admit as much, but they have clearly been EOL'd. However, if you've already bought into Fusion you might not care about that, because their game plan is to roll it all into Fusion at some point. Risky, but so is becoming invested in Fusion IMHO.

Polyworks is a relative newcomer that appears to be strong for RE, but I have no experience with it.

I still use an Infinite 2.0 Romer
If you use the Cimcore software it will digitize straight in to Rhino4.0 using their digitizing interface (4.0 is old software). Then I take that in to Rhino 7. Oddly enough it only works in 4.0 but I bet they would be happy to give you both for the price of 7. I highly recommend Rhino unless you are doing sheet metal in which I use Solidworks. For Solidwoks I use Dezignworks which is very nice but costly as is Solidworks. Rhino is pretty hard to beat regardless of the price. Hope that helps! and yes I use Fusion as well but Rhino is my go to tool. Rhino also has Sub D modeling and free support.

Hey guys,

I've bought a CIMCORE Stinger ii, and I plan on using it mostly for reverse engineering of parts.

I use Fusion 360 as my CAD/CAM package, and Autodesk has PowerSHAPE that they suggest would be the best solution for me.

Just wondering what's out there that people would suggest? Integration with Fusion would be ideal, but isn't necessary if there is something that would be better overall package than PowerSHAPE.

BTW this is my first leap into the world of CMM arms, so if there is something that i'm not considering that i should be, please let me know.

Cheers,
Trav

Back