What's new
What's new

CMM fixtures

jhearons

Cast Iron
Looking for advice on CMM fixture kits for a 28” x 40” x 28” machine. We will be checking a wide variety of parts and 99% are turned parts. Size range from <1/8” Swiss parts to 12” dia x 12” long. I know that itty bitty parts are not going to be well served by a general kit but just wanted to illustrate the range. Every manufacturer claims to be the original or best or whatever. I would like to hear from actual end users as these kits aren’t exactly cheap. Thanks in advance

Looking for advice on CMM fixture kits for a 28” x 40” x 28” machine. We will be checking a wide variety of parts and 99% are turned parts. Size range from <1/8” Swiss parts to 12” dia x 12” long. I know that itty bitty parts are not going to be well served by a general kit but just wanted to illustrate the range. Every manufacturer claims to be the original or best or whatever. I would like to hear from actual end users as these kits aren’t exactly cheap. Thanks in advance

Google "rayco cmm fixture", and view their photos. If you can make a plate in house I believe that you can order a wide variety of components from them. A mix and match for your needs. Before they came along I had a bit of trouble finding suppliers for my "do-dads" list.

We have two CMM's. Both have fixture plates we purchased from R&R. If you give them the model of your cmm, they will quote you a plate to fit it.

You generally can select aluminum or steel and select the thickness of the plate. We have steel for one of our machines and aluminum for the other.

You can also select thread size and pitch of the holes.

They have a wide variety of components to choose from.

Hope this helps,
Ken

Back