What's new
What's new

Crystal replacement on Starrett Last Word 711??

JunkyardJ

Titanium
I bought a starrett 711 last word indicator from stan, and it's got the crystal with it, but it's popped out. It appears to be a snap ring type thing inside the bezel, that you'd kinda pry out with a jewler's screwdriver. Is it that simple, or does it come apart another way. I'd rather not damage it, so I thought I'd ask first. :cheers:

Been there done that?

The bezel needs to be carefully pried off. Use as wide as you have jewellers screw driver and do it a liitle at a time. Use the black oxide body between the bezel and the tip as a place to lever the screw driver when pryng, rotate the bezel to get another bite to pry it off evenly remembering that there are only two tiny screws that hold that piece under the dial on (don't want to put a kink in the bezel either). Once the bezel is off, the crystal goes into the bezel then the spring clip to hold it in. Then it in pressed on with a small pliers, watch where you squeeze and what you do here because there are areas of the bezel that are real thin and you can crush it. Bobs your uncle with a little patience and some luck.
Dan

Back