What's new
What's new

Dead Digital Mic's

hesstool

Stainless
So, this morning I grab my 1-2" Mitutoyo digital mic to measure a feature on a shaft I'm making and the darn thing is dead. I replaced the battery and nothing happened. I put it aside and grabbed a trusty vernier mic and went about my business. Later, the exact same thing happened with my 0-1" digital. Dead; battery change; still dead; grab vernier mic and continue.

After the mornings excitement was over, I went and bought new batteries and put them in the mics. Everything was just ducky! What are the chances of 2 mic's dying on the same day and the replacement batteries, that are still in the package, dead as well?

My 6" digital caliper was skipping numbers as well. :rolleyes5:

It's gonna be one of those days.....

Last edited:
Bizzare things in the workshops

I often loose things, micrometers for example, I then spend half a day going round in circles trying to find it.
Then sudenly there it is!
My theory is that there is an overlap from a parallel universe and someone i cant see nicks my mic , uses it then replaces it!

I had problems finding my 6" rule which I used all day long but could never find after I put it down.

Bought two more 6" rules so I could always find a least one of the three.

Surprisingly now I can ALWAYS find that original one and never the two replacements.

Looking for tools is the most time consuming activity in our shop.....

Regards,

Mike.

I have a similar problem. I keep losing my dial caliper. Even though my workspace is little I seem to always be looking down and grabbing at air. Finally I decided to buy another one that way I'd have one on each side of the work bench so I always had one in sight.

I just wish there were somebody from a parrallel universe or gremlins moving my stuff around. I wouldn't feel so bad losing my tools. I'm too young for memory loss!!

If you ever have some free time and access to a CNC router, make some foam trays with cutouts for all your tools. I believe mechanics at military air bases and maybe commercial airports do that to keep track of all their tools, preventing foreign objects from getting sucked into the jet engines.

Back