What's new
What's new

Chinese caliper mass extinction event

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the original batteries are still in these units, that might be the problem. First, the Chinese scales tend to draw more power. Second, the batteries are dirt cheap. Might try some new batteries.

If your out there making parts in 18 F , you mite want to make them all under size , that way when it warms up they will all be rite on!! Just messin with you. JC

What a let down! I saw the title of the thread and thought, oh boy, a mass protest event that I can appreciate. Performance art consisting of simultaneous worlwide destruction of crappy Chinese calipers. I have at least a couple to donate to the cause! Imagine the global satisfaction that would come from swinging sledge hammers to destroy the cheap tools that have invaded our shops. Except that the sledge hammer would likely chip, also being of Chinese origin.

-Dave

Chinese calipers do have a purpose. When I worked in an auto parts store, they were indispensable for filling the gap in measurement between the MK-1 eyeball and the tape measure. Positively great for anything requiring any tolerance close to 1/4"

The one's I use, act up when the hudimity is up in the shop. Changing the batteries does not work. Take them in the house for a day or two and they work just fine. What I get for being "Cheap" My "Jap jobs" are still just as fine as the day I bought them twelve years ago.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back