What's new
What's new

easy to use cmm

I really like Helmel CMMs. Built in Niagara Falls NY they are a very simple design at a very fair price.

How about keyence it’s pretty simple to use. How accurate are you wanting?
Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You won’t meet 0.0006” in a bore with any level of certainty on a Keyence. We have one, it’s great, it’s not that great other than maybe on very thin parts. Also, necrothread.

It doesn’t matter, if your bore isn’t perfectly perpendicular you get a misread with an optical system like that. I’ve had most of not all of those devices in front of me for a demo. None of them were accurate measuring a gage block for the same reason.

Yep, new Mitutoyo 00 blocks, with cert, temperature controlled space, and the Keyence rep doing the measurement. I wanted it to work, needed something that could do what they claimed and had the money if it worked. What’s your interest?

I really like Helmel CMMs. Built in Niagara Falls NY they are a very simple design at a very fair price.
Old thread, but in case anyone comes looking for an answer, this is it. Their software is so damned user friendly, and they include super useful features that are missing in MCosmos and it makes me crazy every time I use the Mitutoyo - specifically, a part view when you're not measuring parts, probe path tracing in the part display window, and the ability to edit individual movements and touch points within a DCC-measured feature.

Back