What's new
What's new

Fowler DIGI-MAX

rpseguin

Stainless
I imagine this electronic test indicator is probably beyond hope, but just checking.
Anybody have info on the Fowler DIGI-MAX?

edbd35f9d62169791c10f8ed8d54e26a.jpg

Not much coming up in searches.

Plate on the back says DIGI-TEST CORP.
Mod# 1040
Made in USA
02c1012151fc170567d521faed10da78.jpg

Battery is long gone.
When I hook up the leads to a variable DC power supply, it comes up kinda haywire.

Back in 2000-2004 the facility I worked at had a couple of these on the floor. When one failed I contacted Fowler (about repair or replacement) and was told that they had discontinued sales of this item. I think that they added that the source manufacturer had stopped producing it.

Back in 2000-2004 the facility I worked at had a couple of these on the floor. When one failed I contacted Fowler (about repair or replacement) and was told that they had discontinued sales of this item. I think that they added that the source manufacturer had stopped producing it.

Thanks!
Yeah, I figured that was probably the case.
I hadn’t called Fowler yet.

I had a problem several years ago with an older Federal electronic indicator that wasn't working. In that case I wrote Federal and found an applications engineer who was very helpful. He gave me the manual in .pdf form, offered to sell the replacement battery it needed, but also advised me that the same battery was available from supplier sources at a fraction of the price Federal asked.

That's no guarantee you'll find what you need for this one, but there's a reasonably good chance there will be helpful people still on the staff of the manufacturer if you can track them down. That's expecting of course that Fowler is only branding the items.

Back