What's new
What's new

Hansford rapid check

xa-mont

Hot Rolled
Hey guys,

Just won this bad boy at auction:
https://www.graysonline.com/lot/300...pid-check-3-axis-measuring-machine?redirect=0

It's a Hansford rapid check 4040-14B with a Heidenhain vrz 650 readout on it.

Does anyone know anything good/bad/indifferent about them?

Is there any way to possibly connect to a PC or retrofit somehow to interface with a PC for building point clouds?

I've basically bought it to help when reverse engineering parts.

Cheers,
Trav

At a previous employer, we had 2 of those that had been retrofitted with PC's to run QC-5000. It was done before I got there, so I don't know exactly how they did it, but it can be done. Quadra-Chek 5000 CMM Measuring Software – CMM Technology
As a manual CMM, I found them really simple to use, and the software was pretty intuitive. They also had Renishaw manually-indexable probe heads, IIRC.

Sweet. I'll look into it. Being before your time I would assume you don't, but have you got any idea if the retrofit required replacing scales or anything like that? or is it just some sort of interfacing electronics and then the PC side of things?

Cheers,
Trav

Sweet. I'll look into it. Being before your time I would assume you don't, but have you got any idea if the retrofit required replacing scales or anything like that? or is it just some sort of interfacing electronics and then the PC side of things?

Cheers,
Trav

As far as I know, the only thing that was replaced was the interface and the computer. I don't know if the Renishaw probe head was added then, or not. Good luck!

I have used Deva on a previous project and have talked about them on here a few times before.

They are good people to deal with, and the products are excellent.

I may have actually found a cheaper solution (for what i'm wanting to achieve).

My brother is a programmer/software engineer that does a lot of things with motion tracking and VR etc. anyway i was talking to him about the software side of it, assuming the use of the deva interface card, and he suggested that i could probably just have a camera pointing at the DRO and use a probe as an image capturing trigger, then use software to read the display. this solution would be a LOT cheaper (like $100 all in) and would still achieve everything i want. It may not be as accurate/reliable as the deva solution, and nowhere near as full featured, but it will easily achieve the +-.05ish repeatability/accuracy that I want for reverse engineering parts.

I might put up another thread when the whole project gets moving.

Back