AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Hansford rapid check

Hey guys,

Just won this bad boy at auction:
    https://www.graysonline.com/lot/3008...ine?redirect=0

It's a Hansford rapid check 4040-14B with a Heidenhain vrz 650 readout on it.

Does anyone know anything good/bad/indifferent about them?

Is there any way to possibly connect to a PC or retrofit somehow to interface with a PC for building point clouds?

I've basically bought it to help when reverse engineering parts.

Cheers,
    Trav

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

At a previous employer, we had 2 of those that had been retrofitted with PC's to run QC-5000. It was done before I got there, so I don't know exactly how they did it, but it can be done. Quadra-Chek 5000 CMM Measuring Software – CMM Technology
    As a manual CMM, I found them really simple to use, and the software was pretty intuitive. They also had Renishaw manually-indexable probe heads, IIRC.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric M View Post
    At a previous employer, we had 2 of those that had been retrofitted with PC's to run QC-5000. It was done before I got there, so I don't know exactly how they did it, but it can be done. Quadra-Chek 5000 CMM Measuring Software – CMM Technology
    As a manual CMM, I found them really simple to use, and the software was pretty intuitive. They also had Renishaw manually-indexable probe heads, IIRC.
    Sweet. I'll look into it. Being before your time I would assume you don't, but have you got any idea if the retrofit required replacing scales or anything like that? or is it just some sort of interfacing electronics and then the PC side of things?

Cheers,
    Trav

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by xa-mont View Post
    Sweet. I'll look into it. Being before your time I would assume you don't, but have you got any idea if the retrofit required replacing scales or anything like that? or is it just some sort of interfacing electronics and then the PC side of things?

Cheers,
    Trav
    As far as I know, the only thing that was replaced was the interface and the computer. I don't know if the Renishaw probe head was added then, or not. Good luck!

5. Likes xa-mont liked this post
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've just stumbled across a mob called Deva that does PCI or USB interface cards. I've sent them an email to see what they have to say about my specific case.

Deva Electronics - Manual CMM Solutions