What's new
What's new

Has anyone purchased any Tesa Measuring equipment recently?

William Payne

Cast Iron
I just recently purchased a Tesa Tesamaster 0-25mm micrometer. It arrived today and am shocked at what I received.

The colours not right, the logos aren’t right, it looks fake to be honest. Also not a Switzerland logo anywhere on it. I will say the packaging was great.

I brought it through a Tesa distributor. I’m mighty confused.

Still waiting to hear from the distributor and Tesa themselves.

I own an Interapid Indicator and was planning on buying another but I’m a little concerned now.

When you send a post there are 3 options. Post Quick Reply. Go Advanced. Cancel.

The one you want to add pictures is Go Advanced and then click on Manage Attachments.

To add to what Gordon said about adding pics, If you have Add Block it sometimes kicks your picture out while uploading. I have Addblock Plus and have to disable it when posting to PM.

Once upon a time ...... products were made in a specific country that was connected to the name. Nowadays they can be made in just about any country. That doesn't necessarily mean a poor product, just a way of keeping a competitve price.

They changed the printing on the insulating pads and you're flipped out ?

Whoo boy .....

The colour is also not the same and there is a weird grinding/rattle noise when you turn the mic. The older Tesa Micrometers I have used in the past were damn near perfect, this one doesn’t even come close to those.

Most of my tools are Mitutoyo’s and that is nice stuff. I could have brought 3-4 Mitutoyo Mics for what this Tesa cost but I was willing to pay it because I was expecting the absolute highest Swiss made quality based on past experiences of the brand.

All my Mitutoyo’s are made in Japan. I buy Swiss brands because of the quality expectation and country of origin.

RE: Beware of counterfeit / fake Mitutoyo products! :: Mitutoyo

New micrometers should not feel gritty at a all.re: [and there is a weird grinding/rattle noise when you turn the mic.]

Nowadays anybody can make just about anything...
Who knows perhaps top German beer comes from Poland..
Q:
What is the difference between beer nuts and deer nuts? Well beer nuts are 49 cents but deer nuts are just under a buck.

I'd be surprised if it's a copy. The mechanism is complicated enough it would be a pain to make -- and the market demand low enough (due to both price and it being mechanical digital) that it would make a whole lot more sense to copy something else. Mitutoyo, Makita, Rolex, whatever . . .

I could see Hexagon moving production to another plant, maybe cheapening the design, or just having a bad day. Could be some crap in the gears? Maybe they changed something inside to molded plastic to save a few bucks (cue: michiganbuck). . . ? That particular design once had both B&S and Tesa variants.

Just as well I bought mine 40 plus years ago when they were cheaper, made in Switzerland and the frames were that rounded rectangle rather than the (to my eyes) ugly angular shape. The rolling blocks move smoothly and one or another occasionally has a light metallic sound/feel from the thimble but the threads are like silk.

Just as well I bought mine 40 plus years ago when they were cheaper, made in Switzerland and the frames were that rounded rectangle rather than the (to my eyes) ugly angular shape. The rolling blocks move smoothly and one or another occasionally has a light metallic sound/feel from the thimble but the threads are like silk.

The older ones are absolutely beautiful works of art. An old boss of mine had some older ones and that was what I based my Tesa expectations on as they were incredible.

Back