What's new
What's new

Help with Bausch & Lomb Toolmaker's Microscope

jbartosh

Aluminum
I'm hoping somebody might have a Bausch & Lomb toolmakers microscope that could help me figure out how to focus in a part. I can provide in depth details at that time, basically I must not be adjusting the focal length as when I remove the lens and look through a distance of about 2 inches away I can see my part, but with everything installed and the crosshairs visible etc. It's just blur. I can provide pictures as neccesary. Many thanks.

I would think this would only have two lenses right? Or is there supposed to be a third lens that possibly threads underneath the machine near the part? Either I am missing a lens or I cannot get the distant between the first two lenses in the microscope unit to move...

I would think this would only have two lenses right? Or is there supposed to be a third lens that possibly threads underneath the machine near the part? Either I am missing a lens or I do not know how the distant between the first two lenses in the microscope unit are supposed to move in order to acheive correct focal length...

Okay, that's what I've been thinking now. Any idea on what power the objective lens would be? Do they all have a common thread sizes, haven't measured yet but a very fine 3/4 is what it looks like.

Can you email a photo of the lens and one of the eyepiece(And an overall view)? I have had many of these scopes and may be able to help.
Charles

I actually ended up calling someone who has one and got some advice as to which objectives to get. I bought a 10x and that works great for now. I'm also going to get a lower power, maybe a 3x or so and see how that goes. So everything is working great as of now.

Back