Help with Bausch & Lomb Toolmaker's Microscope
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Help with Bausch & Lomb Toolmaker's Microscope

I'm hoping somebody might have a Bausch & Lomb toolmakers microscope that could help me figure out how to focus in a part. I can provide in depth details at that time, basically I must not be adjusting the focal length as when I remove the lens and look through a distance of about 2 inches away I can see my part, but with everything installed and the crosshairs visible etc. It's just blur. I can provide pictures as neccesary. Many thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I would think this would only have two lenses right? Or is there supposed to be a third lens that possibly threads underneath the machine near the part? Either I am missing a lens or I cannot get the distant between the first two lenses in the microscope unit to move...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I would think this would only have two lenses right? Or is there supposed to be a third lens that possibly threads underneath the machine near the part? Either I am missing a lens or I do not know how the distant between the first two lenses in the microscope unit are supposed to move in order to acheive correct focal length...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Massachusetts
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There are three lenses all together, two oclulars above, and an objective below.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Okay, that's what I've been thinking now. Any idea on what power the objective lens would be? Do they all have a common thread sizes, haven't measured yet but a very fine 3/4 is what it looks like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Can you email a photo of the lens and one of the eyepiece(And an overall view)? I have had many of these scopes and may be able to help.
    Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I actually ended up calling someone who has one and got some advice as to which objectives to get. I bought a 10x and that works great for now. I'm also going to get a lower power, maybe a 3x or so and see how that goes. So everything is working great as of now.