What's new
What's new

Help with Romer Arm Software-Anyone have a Nikon License they're not using?

ShopGinger

Plastic
Hey, guys. First timer to this forum. Young shop owner. I recently purchased a Cimcore Infinite 1.0 arm lightly used for crazy cheap. Unfortunately I didn't realize the software trap I was falling into. The previous owner purchased the arm new bundled with PowerInspect with only a 3 year license. Now all the software options I'm looking at are gonna cost me more than the arm itself (which seems to be in perfect physical shape). I'm quite frustrated with how the industrial software industry treats its customers in general, but we'll put that aside for now. I realize their up-front and ongoing development investment and that they need to recover those cost, but everything out there seems to be simply cost prohibitive for a small shop. There doesn't seem to be a way to pay a reflective price for 12-year-old software to run a 12-year-old arm. I don't need super fancy reporting or QC Analytic gismos. I just need to be able to read the measurements that the arm is designed to take.

I did have a reputable source recommend running Nikon CMM Manager which is purchased an OWNED as opposed to a subscription basis, which I like. However, that's still $4k that I don't have. He also suggested buying an older license from someone who is not using it anymore and paying to have it upgraded, which would be more accessible to me. There's no chance anyone has a spare Nikon dongle lying around, is there?

If anyone else has any other helpful suggestions, I would be happy to hear them. Thanks in advance.

Back