What's new
What's new

How to set a part origin in Micromeasure 3 Microval 454

markp

Hot Rolled
Ive got a Microval 454 CMM running Micromeasure 3. This is my first CMM, all works great. Ive read and reread the manual and cant figure out how to set a part origin at a hole center to calculate all the 2D dimensions of a part Im trying to reverse engineer. I just want to set the center of one hole to X0 Y0, so I can make the other 2d measurements relative to that origin.

Seems like that should be a primary function of the machine. I dont see any description of how to do this in the manual I have or online. Any help would be appreciated.

Ok, I was measuring features in the wrong order. Have to measure the top plane first, then the feature to the left of + direction, then point further to the left in plus direction, then cirle. I was measuring line first them circle.

I am using MicoMeasure II but I think it is basically the same. I read that you figured it out, but I will elaborate anyway.

Separate origin will give you a circle as the origin. After selecting the plane, you measure a line, two points, two circles, or a point and a circle to give a reference edge. Can be in any orientation. Lastly, you measure the circle and that sets your origin. Free alignment is similar but must reference a line. If you don't need the reference line, but just a 0,0 at your circle, you can measure the feature directly. Then go directly to translate/rotate and translate to last feature.

If your MicroMeasure III is sufficiently different than II and what I have written is no help, then never mind.:)

Thanks,

Bill

Back