What's new
What's new

Interapid Indicator - Parts Source?

TheBigLebowski

Aluminum
Does anybody know of a source for Interapid Parts? Long Island Indicator no longer sells spare parts.

I broke off the contact point on one of my new 312b-1 indicators. The thread is stuck in the pivot, which needs to be replaced.

There is a guy on ebay with an ID retired4evermore that carries any part for Interapid indicators. I bought a center pinion from him for a tenth indicator, it was $20 including shipping. He said that he has all of the parts needed to repair them. If you need a pivot (#13) I probably have one. Is this a tenth or a half thou? I have been repairing these for 25 years so I have many failed attemps and lots of spare parts, lmao. I only repair my own indicators, no interest in doing it for money.

Where are you in Michigan? I'm just north of Flint if you want to pick it up.

Daryl

In my experience the threaded portion of any broken contact point can be removed with the sharp point of a pin on the rough surface making a small circle counter clockwise. I haven't had one (so far) that didn't unscrew out.

Hello Daryl I just stumbled upon your post about being north of Flint with indicator parts... You must be about 30 or 40 minutes from me. I somehow grabbed the edge of my drill index with the edge of my Interapid 310B-2V indicator and the bezel popped off. I found the bezel and all is well except I must be missing a piece because the bezel won't stay on. Is there a spring clip or some round piece that nests in the half moon cutout of the solid body of the indicator just underneath the dial? I can't even find a diagram of the 310 model stuff online.. Maybe you have parts or info on this thing, I never really messed with fixing indicators before. PM me if you can help me out!!

On my Interapid there's a plastic ring that mates the body with the bezel. You might look around the area where you lost the part for a black split ring thingy.

Ok thanks, good to know at least what I'm trying to find. Who knows how far it went flying!

Back