What's new
What's new

J&L Comparator guys

Ox

Diamond
Help me out here. With the info given - can you explain to me what the diff is?

389.JPG

Lot 389: JONES & LAMSON MODEL PC-30, 30" OPTICAL COMPARATOR & MEASURING MACHINE, S/N E27753

Which sold yesterdee in Detroit for $650

1B9832C3FA8D4BCDBEB03B53871B1C6B.jpg

JONEST LAMSON EPIC 30 30'' Optical Comparator E42629; Quadra-Chek 2000 Programmable Readout

Which just sold today for $13,500 - also in Detroit.

-------------------------

Ides of March
Ox

That's an aweful big device to have around if it doesn't work up to specs-
I know because I'm staring at ours as I type this bit of wisdom. All else being equal the cheaper one looks like a deal.
Did they have similar representations as to the important stuff?

MJB

I have never run one like the first but have used the second extensively. The Epic has a motorized lens turret, power knee, digital screen rotation readout, 100X lens on a 36" screen, a $500 light bulb, and it looks like about every accessory it has sitting on the table. -Mike

When you finger in the Buyers Penalty - there is a good $14K price diff between them!

The first one was at a Myron Bowling sale paced @ prox 120 lots/hr. WAY too fast IMO for on-site - let alone web interaction.

I would say the recession must be over by the prices at the Hilco sale the next day tho. Things seemed more inline of "normall". And they run their sales at prox 60 lots/hr.

I missed a machine that I had interest in last month at a Myron sale as it was lot #800 and I fingered that they wouldn't git to it till maybe 5-6 O'Clock. I showed up at 3 and the sale had been over for a while. :eek:

Prices were reported at very low and the item that I wanted went ridiculously cheap IMO. I don't recall Myron running this fast in the past? It may just be costing him $ I think....

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back