What's new
What's new

Leitz Wetzal Optical Dividing Head

HD Bob

Plastic
I was looking for a basic dividing head but found an optical head at auction. Thankfully all of the parts, with manual, (in German)were included. The thread on lights was very informative and had a link to the English manual. Thanks to the person who posted the manual.

The challenge I'm facing is the knurled ring for setting 2nd value is locked. It will not move. I have removed the rotation eyepiece and cannot find a reason. There isn't any rust, corrosion or something that locks the ring once set. The mirror linkage is free. I don't feel comfortable removing the shaft. The eyepiece and cam are indexed and don't feel I could reassemble accurately. If anyone has experience with these I would appreciate your insight.

Thanks,
Bob

UPDATE: It is now working smoothly. Turned it upside down and sprayed it with WD40 and PB Blaster for several days. Once free it was sprayed with thin oil. It's back together and working fine.

Bob,
Can you tell me what the taper is in your Leitz Head?
Also do you have the tail stock? I do not have one of those high end optical dividing heads but a friend was asking
those questions of me.
Thanks
spaeth

Back