What's new
What's new

Looking for J&L comparator tooling

cgrim3

Cast Iron
Hi all,

We recently purchased a used 2003 J&L optical comparator MC-14 with quadracheck. Came with a 10x lense. Had a calibration service come out to calibrate it after buying it, and apparently the x-axis encoder is shot and we need to buy another. We will be buying that from J&L. Around 700 dollars

Anyway, we also wanted to buy centers, v-blocks, a swivel vise, some basic overlays, and a 50x lense. J&L is outrageously expensive for all of this. Do any of you know where to buy this stuff for a more reasonable price or is anybody here looking to get rid of some of theirs?

I know to look on Ebay and those places, but is there any company that just makes aftermarket generic overlays and fixtures that are cheaper? We really don't feel like paying that J&L OEM cost. I realize I will probably have to buy the lense from J&L though.

Chris

Not aware of any 3rd party companies. For our J&L FC-14, I just watched eBay for deals on the tooling. The overlays I bought from J&L. The Mylar overlays are cheaper than the glass and are just as accurate so long as you have a glass backing.

Back