What's new
What's new

LTF Machinist's Level

DLF

Plastic
Hello,

Just bought a machinist's level. It is branded LTF 0.35mm/m, 20cm long.

0.35mm/m is not very sensitive and is good to get things in the ballpark.

Does anyone know anything about LTF levels? Are they any good? The website is italian, so it indicates good origin, but they look suspiciously similar to the cheap noname china ones found on ebay
[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Anyhow, I got it cheap and at least the base does not seem to have nicks or burrs (only scratches).
efd84d8bd4965462c97d8f25a037443b.jpg
e11c15c2c03124ada0e4f8dd22bc6416.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

about .004" per foot common for setting machinery and shim calculations as obviously if 10x more sensitive you end up being off scale and not getting any reading to be able to calculate shims.
i have seen 0.02mm/m levels before and normally you never use to set machines. they are more for measuring lack of flatness or sag for extremely fine adjustments in the under .001" amount normally
picture showing a 0.02mm/m square frame level. it was useless 90% of the time til I added the 0.4mm/m (.005"per ft) level on it. literally after i added the less sensitive level i used it 10x more often
most levels have a up and down and also a side to side adjustment. how vial attached matters. some vials just glued and if glue comes loose it needs to be redone. obviously vial needs to not move around when level tilted

Attachments

• LevelFrame.JPG
    LevelFrame.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 75
  • LevelLowprofile.jpg
    LevelLowprofile.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 84
I too want to use 2 levels. This one which is 0.35mm/m and the Heinrich Erb which is 0.05mm/m.

But back to the original question: Does anyone know anything about the LTF brand? Is it a good one? Or is just a china crap with a printed label?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Back