What's new
What's new

M3 Metlogix

PhelulahVision

Plastic
Hi All,
I'm new to the site and would like to connect with anyone else who uses the M3 Metlogix software on a Starrett AV350 machine.
I would like to be able to bounce ideas and troubleshoot a few things. Please feel free to introduce yourself. Thanks in advance!

Hello, I'm fairly new to this site as well.
I've been using the M3 software on a Starrett AVR300 for a few years and know my way around.

Maybe we can help each other. The overlay function and using DFX files for profile of a line or perimeter tolerancing has me messed up. I found that we didn't buy the Profile Module, so nothing was working as expected. We'll get it soon though.

What are you trying to do?

Last edited:
Hello BDGiven,
The profile and whisker plots had me tripped up for quite a bit also. Eventually, I was able to get results.

My touch probe hits seem to be a bit "wacky". I will create a diameter using the touch probe, then take a few points with the probe along that same diameter, and the part preview will show the point completely shorter distance from the probed diameter.

Tried the same measurements on another Starrett, with the same results.

Thoughts?

Ok, I looked up your AV350; nice machine!
I have the AVR300. Then added on the touch probe.
Using the touch probe I measured a master ring with 6 points, then moved it over and let it choose the 6 points. Measurements repeat to .00002 in the Least Squares mode, dead on in the min circumscribed mode. Form was .000008 to .000025. I do not have the ability to kick out points that affect form of a line. That I know of.

Did you go through the "Teach Probe" routine when changing probes? I just have the one probe.

Have you gone over this with Mark Seifert or Steve Johnson? Or are you out of their district?

Back