What's new
What's new

Mititoyo PH-350 Overlay needed- any sources?

mcmachine

Aluminum
Looking for a little help here
I bought this optical comparator a couple of years ago and it is pretty clean and operational
It does not have any overlays
It is also missing on of the 4 clips which hold the overlays
If any one could be of help it would be hugely appreciated!
Thanks
Jon

I find Mitutoyo does a great job keeping parts, if you look at overlays from MSC they can also get parts for you from Mitutoyo. I repaired several older measuring instruments that way. And the prices were cheap.

Charles

For whatever reason we only have metric overlays now. Global volume vs US volume I suppose.

Any 14" overlay should work.
We tend to recommend, for the line accuracy:
vipcharts or vpcharts

It is possible to print your own on a laser or ink-jet on 8.5 by 11 transparency stock.
We do this all the time and have many hundreds for jobs along with just the standard radius and angle.
You need to check the print scaling in x and y when making. Several printers here and they all need different "help" on the input.
They do shrink funny over many decades so calib checks over time on the length, width and mid section is a must on this low buck approach.

The real round and thick plastics charts are indeed nicer to have and do last longer but still distort with time. Engraved front glass is best but expensive.
Bob

Back