What's new
What's new

mitutoyo blade mic

SRuss

Aluminum
Good day all!

I have a Mitutoyo 0-1 blade mic here, and the spindle has about 15 degrees of play in it. I would like to try to fix it, but I can't seem to find the information anywhere.

The tool is in good shape otherwise; as long as the blade is in the proper position, it passes everything else for calibration. Worst case, I can label it as reference only until our calibration company comes in to do our thread gauges in a few months.

Any help is truly appreciated!

Thanks,
Steph

I've never repaired these first hand. But, from sending these out to our calibration/repair vendor what I remember hearing from them on a couple of troubled indicating micrometers in the past:

If there's a bushing in there, replace the bushing.

I recall one instance where the method used was to hone something out to get a true surface for the spindle to ride in again. Don't remember the specifics, it's been a few years, but I clearly recall them getting back to me and indicating they'd hone out (x) and get the spindle secure again.

Best I have.

Regards

Mitutoyo is great at selling parts, I buy them from MSC. They also do repairs, you may want to call and talk to them about it.

Never sent anything in to be fixed but did talk to one of their techs about a problem.

Charles

Back