What's new
What's new

Mitutoyo caliper reading unit interchangeability

SShep71

Hot Rolled
Is there any way to find out if the reading heads interchange between Digimatic calipers? I have a set of 24" calipers 500-506-10 cd-c that do not work. I tried changing batteries, I tried to take them apart to do a thorough cleaning and still nothing. I cannot find a source for a replacement reading head 05CZA436 (according to the parts list I get off the Mitutoyo website [Ref.No.500-21-2012-MAY]. I want to find a replacement head for the calipers, or I am going to have to start to desolder components from the board to test the components individually. It can be done, I had to replace the small capacitor on a 8" Abs Digimatic caliper a way back and the caliper works fine now, I just want to avoid that headache if I can just find a replacement reading unit.

I have purchased the display assy from Mitutoyo, last one was less than $60. Unless yours is discontinued you should be able to get one. The number you gave doesnt look like a Mitutoyo part number?

Charles

I have purchased the display assy from Mitutoyo, last one was less than $60. Unless yours is discontinued you should be able to get one. The number you gave doesnt look like a Mitutoyo part number?

Charles

I stand corrected, that is the number. Was Mitutoyo support no help?

Charles

This is the part number that I got for the 24in caliper that I just repaired earlier this year. 06AFD295B

Dont remember what model it was for. It belonged to one of my friends.

Charles

Charles,
I sent out an email to Mitutoyo but I haven't heard anything back. I did see a unit listed on Ebay, but it is an AFG part number. I tried asking the seller about the unit, but either his English really is that bad or he is trying to pull a fast one. I am leaning towards the later as his item is listed over twice the cost of what several websites have it listed for brand new. I am starting to give up on eBay, after 20 years as a eBayer there are too many scumbags on there. The part number that you listed, was that a complete unit or was it just a partial reader head?

SShep, they dont sell any of the components. It was for the entire unit, just not the back shell, also didnt have the plug for the cable. I have a photo of it someplace?

Here is what I did, just call Mitutoyo, I have never had them turn me away. I also purchase my parts from MSC as Mitutoyo wont sell you directly. They often return my quote request back in a day.

The part was 53$ and it was for a 24in caliper.

Charles

SShep, I contacted MSC and they have them in stock to ship from Mitutoyo. Send me your email and I will forward the quote to you. I had them quote both part numbers from the drawing, the more expensive one will have the spc output port.

Charles

I got the new reader head in on Saturday, it works fine. It isn't the same number as the one suggested but it works for me. Another issue solved.

Back