What's new
What's new

Need tip on attaching besttest to Indicol 178

FlyinChip

Aluminum
Hi all, I have a best test type indicator and just purchased a used Indicol 178. I am trying to find out what I need to affix the dial indicator to the indicol ... neither post on the best test is small enough to go into the hold on the end of the Indicol

also the Indicol came with a second end piece see pic, why is that? just an extra?

One other question, has anyone used a longer .250" rod on the Indicol to extend it for more reach?

Any advice appreciated! :)

20210424_181245.jpg

perfect, it worked thank u. whats the smaller piece with the short rod for I wonder?

and can a longer round rod be used in the Indicol to extend it? the one thats on there is about 2.5" can i get a .250" x 6" round and get more range with it?

thanks!

perfect, it worked thank u. whats the smaller piece with the short rod for I wonder?

and can a longer round rod be used in the Indicol to extend it? the one thats on there is about 2.5" can i get a .250" x 6" round and get more range with it?

thanks!

Prolly got over a dozen DI / DTI here.

Some days? It seems as if ever' dam' ONE of them has a different type of mount, and/or their own diameter of rod & clamp!

So if I had to guess? Back lug DI. Split clamp for a rod. Shank expecting a clamp.. "etc."

No HARM in owning a longer rod. Or several. Why ask even ONCE?

Just try it and see.

Hi all,......................................................

also the Indicol came with a second end piece see pic, why is that? just an extra?

One other question, has anyone used a longer .250" rod on the Indicol to extend it for more reach?

Any advice appreciated! :)

Those turn into useless accessories!!!!:eek: Most are too short to use with a sleeve or snug. :( Just saying.

Back