What's new
What's new

New Machine Day: Helmel

My new model 2020 cute little CMM from Helmel:

View attachment 302382

Congrats those are great cmms.
what software did you get for it the basic one jr one of the 101 how about the probe which one? Have you run it yet?

sorry for the questions ive been on the fence of getting one of these. but with the 101 software an added mh20i probe.

Congrats those are great cmms.
what software did you get for it the basic one jr one of the 101 how about the probe which one? Have you run it yet?

sorry for the questions ive been on the fence of getting one of these. but with the 101 software an added mh20i probe.

I went with the Geomet 101 Plus software for now, may upgrade later.
I went with the MH20i indexing probe
I did upgrade the surface plate to grade AA as I want to use this for manual metrology as well.

Haven't run it yet but the x/y/z motion is really smooth.

I went with the Geomet 101 Plus software for now, may upgrade later.
I went with the MH20i indexing probe
I did upgrade the surface plate to grade AA as I want to use this for manual metrology as well.

Haven't run it yet but the x/y/z motion is really smooth.

The 101 software was the one where your can set up your part file limits and save them? rather than the jr software working as plain jane cmm correct?
did you goto the class at there facility in Orange CA. I'm kinda worried about getting one and it sitting cause I wont be able to figure out how to use it LOL. not really quick learning on technical stuff. I see them in use quite often and it looks pretty simple. my main thing I liked about them was setting up part library's so basically anyone at the shop can run it.at least the way I have seen them set up.

I was pretty impressed with them.

The 101 software was the one where your can set up your part file limits and save them? rather than the jr software working as plain jane cmm correct?
did you goto the class at there facility in Orange CA. I'm kinda worried about getting one and it sitting cause I wont be able to figure out how to use it LOL. not really quick learning on technical stuff. I see them in use quite often and it looks pretty simple. my main thing I liked about them was setting up part library's so basically anyone at the shop can run it.at least the way I have seen them set up.

I was pretty impressed with them.

I read over the software manual, looked pretty straight foreward. I'm mostly doing reverse engineering type work and the version of software I went with seemed to match that requirement. You should review the manual, it is pretty clear about which features go with which version.

I taught myself the basics of Geomet 101 out of the machine manual before I took the training class. If you understand the Cartesian Coordinate system and GD&T it's not difficult at all. They are great machines.

Back