What's new
What's new

Brown and Sharpe Microval CMM

tlhigham

Plastic
Bought a used Microval Pfx from the local community college. Has the computer with it but it has a password on it that didn't come with it. Also it needs re-tubed. A few of the lines are broken so I figure I need to do the whole thing. My questions would be does anyone have a diagram of the tubing routing, and what can I do with the computer to pull the Brown and Sharpe software from it. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Is the password on the computer or the MicroMeasure program, itself? If it's the program, that may be a problem but if it's the computer, you can probably find a dos diskette set and boot into the o/s such that you can remove the password protection. DOS wasn't normally secured. You do need the software that was registered to your controller - it's serialized and the cmm, the controller and the software all have the same number.

As for the tubing, send me your email and I can scan and send you a picture of the tubing.

Mark

p.s. - I didn't check and just assumed you have a pc based system running MicroMeasure III under DOS. If it's MicroMeasure IV, it runs under some flavor of unix and is a whole different beast. In that case, someone in the unix world can probably help you figure it out.

Mark

Post pictures of the login screen and pictures of the screen while booting.
That will help identify the system running on the computer. Most older
systems have easy methods to getting around the password.

Back