What's new
What's new

Newall Spherosyn Bleecon to sub D connector?

Purity Vendetta

Plastic
Hi, my Bridgeport is fitted with a rather old Newall Sapphire DRO which connects to a pair of Spherosyn inductive encoder scales. These connect to the head unit via Bleecon connectors. I'd like to change the head unit for a more modern Chinese unit with more functionality. I was wondering if it's possible to make up converter leads to connect the old Bleecons to modern Sub D connectors? I do know that the Newall head unit has to be set to recognise the Spherosyn scales so am not sure whether the encoders output is compatabile with the inputs designed to take glass linear scales? I just can't afford a modern Newall unit but was hoping that I could get the functions offered by a modern 3 axis unit using the two existing scales and adding a new glass scale to measure the Z axis. Any thoughts gratefully received.

Pretty sure the output signals of a spherosyn scale aren't in the quadrature encoding that a Chinese DRO expects. As far as I know, only Newall DRO's read those scales.

Teryk

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

There is a Chinese clone of the Newall system made by Depp. About half price but still more then the common Chinese stuff

Hi Purity Vendetta, if you are thinking of selling the encoders please private message me with a price. Spherosyn will only work with Newall DRO displays as technology proprietary (secret)

Back