What's new
What's new

Nikon MeasureScope MM-11B

spaeth

Hot Rolled
The price was right for a dusty & neglected
Nikon MM-11B. Obsolete for sure, but at 50.00 I'm blessed to have it. My Gaertner Tool Makers Scope has served me well but this gem is an upgrade. Single ocular vs tri-ocular, 1" stage movement vs 2" to start with. So I'm looking for a manual for the new girl. Not really planning on trying to get all the features of digital display to function which I don't have. All I want to do is Magnify and Measure. I have a set of Starrett Micrometer Heads .0001 with 2" travel coming and a Led light ring. So does anyone have any manuals or other info available?
spaeth
DSCN2817.jpgDSCN2819.jpgDSCN2818.jpg

Pete,
Yes 50.00! It was covered in dust and had wires wrapped around it from some previous hookups and was on a pallet headed for the dumpster. The guy says what'll give me? I blurted out 50 and he said, you got cash? I smiled big as I handed him a bill with Grant's picture on it. Cleaned up pretty nice after a little TLC. Sometimes a guy's in the right place at the right time.
spaeth

A couple pics after a little renovation on the MM-11B. I did not get all the goods required to revive the digital display and camera. Mail man brought me 2 Starrett 2.0 inch travel .0001 micrometer heads which easily adapted to the x-y stage. Also brought the led light ring to light things up a bit. Happy camper right here. 250.00 total investment and I can see small things looking big. It's a 30 power scope, just right for my work.
spaeth

Attachments

• DSCN2878.jpg
    DSCN2878.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 107
  • DSCN2880.jpg
    DSCN2880.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCN2879.jpg
    DSCN2879.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCN2881.jpg
    DSCN2881.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Nice! Did you buy the led ring light or did it come with it? I'd like to had that to mine.

Mine is an old American optical binocular boom scope. I took the stage off a Tumico optical comparator that I got from HGR for cheap and use it for an x-y stage for the microscope. I use it a lot.

Pete,
I bought the LED ring from Am Scope, it was like 30.00 shipped. There are some cheaper ones out there too. I liked this one because it had on/off and dimmer right on the unit. I did not even need to make an adapter it has 3 screws to attach it to the lens with a good size range. Way brighter and clearer than the original single bulb lamp. Am Scope sells on e-bay and Amazon this one has 56 Led's. I Like that down home adaptation idea of yours!
spaeth

Back