What's new
What's new

Old profilometer bench instruments - worth anything or just scrap?

Mike Henry

Titanium
I bought these old instruments for reasons that escape right now and need to get rid of them. Are they worth selling or should they just be junked? If there is any interest I will be happy to post a FS OBO add in the appropriate forum here. I just hate to throw stuff like this out if someone can use it.

The probes or styli all seem to have intact diamonds from what I can tell, though I'm no expert. The Gould Surf-Indicator probe holder moves under battery power.

20181011_194849.jpg20181011_195006.jpg20181011_195628.jpg20181011_195855.jpg

Attachments

• 20181011_195107.jpg
    20181011_195107.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 195
About 15 years ago I had a broken Mitutoyo profilometer. I was going to throw it out but I decided to list it on ebay for $10 opening bid. It ended up selling for $230.

Well, I'd like to get a few bucks for anything of value but my backup plan is to send it out to anyone that is willing to pay shipping costs, or pick up here from me near Chicago. I'll give it a few days to gauge interest and then offer up the lots for shipping cost if the consensus is that it has no significant value.

I've seen a similar TalySurf datum attachment on Ebay for something like $600, but am assuming that was someone looking for a sucker.

Snapatap - I'll keep you in mind for the TalySurf. Is that what you were interested in?

Well, I'd like to get a few bucks for anything of value but my backup plan is to send it out to anyone that is willing to pay shipping costs, or pick up here from me near Chicago. I'll give it a few days to gauge interest and then offer up the lots for shipping cost if the consensus is that it has no significant value.

I've seen a similar TalySurf datum attachment on Ebay for something like $600, but am assuming that was someone looking for a sucker.

Snapatap - I'll keep you in mind for the TalySurf. Is that what you were interested in?

yeah. the Talysurf.

As there's no interest here I have to assume that they are basically scrap value so off they go to Ebay. I'll be happy to send anything that doesn't sell there, providing the receiver pays actual shipping cost.

Back