opinion on spi hole mikes
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Question opinion on spi hole mikes

Looking to buy the spi hole mikes,never had any spi tools.Are thay good tools,mitutoyo makes holtest micks but price is way higher,thanks steve.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

SPI is, or can be spotty. Low end stuff is well, you will be sorry (imho). The high end stuff is better. Depends on the who makes it. I for one would get Sunnen and call it good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default vmt46

I have used but like brand new (in the boxes) mituoyo borematic pistol grip gauges. (2) seperate pcs. Range .350 to .425 w/ .375 set ring & tools also ..800 to 1.0 w/ .875 set ring & tools.(Accy. .00005) heads are interchangeable . other heads are avilable.# are 568-402 & 568-406 I think the new # is 568-431 & 568-436. check out mituoyo .com or any catologe. I looking to get about $ 650.00 ea.
    Vinny D

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you check out the long Island Indicator web site they disscuss the pros & cons of the available makes. If I remember correctly, parts are not available for SPI. I have some SPI hole mikes as well as B&S. They have worked well for me but as a HSM, they get less use in a year than a real machinist would give them in a day. I think the above comments are right on. In the long run the best tools are the cheapest.