What's new
What's new

Opto-Vu Model 12 Optical Comparator

Fromps

Plastic
Hello,
I just purchased an old 12" Japan Made Opto-Vu Model 12 Comparator (Profile Projector), but I can't find any information on it. All my google searches lead me to Micro-Vu 500. Does anyone know where I can find any information on it? Any guidance would be very appreciated.

Thank you.
Iz

Attachments

• Opto 1.jpg
    Opto 1.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Opto 2.jpg
    Opto 2.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Opto 3.jpg
    Opto 3.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 65
Hello,
I just purchased an old 12" Japan Made Opto-Vu Model 12 Comparator (Profile Projector), but I can't find any information on it. All my google searches lead me to Micro-Vu 500. Does anyone know where I can find any information on it? Any guidance would be very appreciated.

Thank you.
Iz

Ya really dont need any info on it, its like turning on a flashlight and making shadow puppets.
Comparators are simple unless they have electronics with them. which this one doesn't appear to have.
turn light on put part in focus and look at chart, if need to put a indicator on the table to figure out length/ height

I get that they are basic machines, but I would still like to locate documentation on this machine. Do you have any ideas where I could locate any information on this machine?

Thank you,
Iz

With the photos you provided it is very difficult to tell what it is. It dose look like it might be a Micro-Vu 500HP. Go to Bay and search for Micro-Vu 500HP, there are a number of them for sale with good photos. If it is the same, I have a good copy of a manual. For some reason I can't attach it to this message because the file exceeds the limit. Let me know and I'll figure out how to get the file to you.

Back