What's new
What's new

OT Is Gordon poorly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Rand

Diamond
Gordon hasn't been active since the 18th of May. As of about today, he's got a revamped web site www.f-m-s.dk .For which, congratulations! But I worry that he's had another health related incident.

Are you still in one piece, mate?

Quick, we gotta turn this to metrology to keep it from being locked!

Gordon's arteries must be contracting, should he use a tri-mike or telescoping gages to measure them?

Or, a digital calipers? :D

:willy_nilly:

Viva les innocentes!!

If you don't know, count yourself blessed................................

Seconded. :stirthepot:

Gordon is the only person on this forum who has ever PM'ed me just for the sole purpose of being insulting and rude. And why? Because I agreed with some guys who said he had a heavy hand as a "moderator." Real class act.

Gordon hasn't been active since the 18th of May. As of about today, he's got a revamped web site www.f-m-s.dk .For which, congratulations! But I worry that he's had another health related incident.

Are you still in one piece, mate?

Thanks Mark. I’m 100% OK but if you read some of the comments in your thread you can see why I’ve no wish to post in PM any more. When I joined PM 10 years ago it was by far the best and most informative website I know of.

I can give names but I suppose regulars know who I mean when I write that several choose to make PM into political debates, insulting other members and a chat room. What I consider the best thing with my silence is that 3 of your fellow countrymen have become as good as silent. Probably just waiting for someone else to troll.

If my being low profile is enough to help make PM what it once was again then so be it. Those that have genuine question I could probably answer or help with can maybe find others to ask.

Banning doesn’t seem to be popular but I can think of at least 10 members that contribute virtually nothing to PM and don’t seem to have any interest in trying to do so.

Seconded. :stirthepot:

Gordon is the only person on this forum who has ever PM'ed me just for the sole purpose of being insulting and rude. And why? Because I agreed with some guys who said he had a heavy hand as a "moderator." Real class act.

You were agreeing with people who were posting in the metrology forum with the express reason to stir it up, people who before GC became moderator probably had no interest in posting in the metrology forum at all, but who then miraculously became very regular posters.

You were agreeing with people who were posting in the metrology forum with the express reason to stir it up, people who before GC became moderator probably had no interest in posting in the metrology forum at all, but who then miraculously became very regular posters.

That is super clear, man. Are you saying he was for or against Gordon? I haven't figured it out yet. :rolleyes5:

I wasn't agreeing with them because of their ideology, dude. I don't post a lot in some of the forums but I read many of them. Gordon does occasionally cross the line in ways that a moderator should not. A moderator is not like every other member, in the same way that a schoolteacher isn't like the students.

While I think that saying Gordon has ruined the forum is sort of silly, I don't think he will make a good moderator unless he changes the way he moderates. I am willing to give everyone a chance to better themselves, but every time he is asked to by multiple people, many of whom I DO respect, he lumps everyone in with the ones who seem to hound and troll him.

If my being low profile is enough to help make PM what it once was again then so be it.

That's commendable, but I think you (and some others) overestimate your influence in the decline of this forum.

There have been a number of exodus events since I joined, and with each one the vacuum of experience and knowledge has been filled with noise. In stark contrast to ten years ago, it's not at all uncommon now to receive no useful response to a question that's even slightly esoteric.

Sad, but nothing to do with Gordon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back