What's new
What's new

Parts of a micrometer screw gauge?

DanielF

Plastic
Before starting my "Micrometer barrel adjustment" thread, I had to learn the names of the micrometer's components, so I could correctly describe what I was trying to achieve.

I found many pictorial references on-line showing the basic parts, which was sufficient for that query. But I'd like to know more part names, and the one-and-only annotated diagram I've been able to find is such low resolution it's hard to see the fine details.

I've attached that diagram, extracted from the document "An incomplete compendium of micrometers and their makers" published by Peter Marks in 2011.

micrometer_screw-gauge_cut-away_diagram(low-res).gif

Can anyone point me to a good-resolution source for that image, or perhaps a different one but showing at least as much naming detail?

Thanks,
Daniel

Oops, that didn't work! The attachment was converted to jpg and reduced in resolution. Maybe that's what happened to the pics you posted!

I need to work out how to 'attach' an image without pasting it in-line, so it's available in its original resolution. Can any one assist with this?

Daniel

Back