What's new
What's new

Picked up a comparator

• Thread starter guest
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 1,614
G

Snagged a comparator today. Deltronic DH214 with all the bells and whistles. :)

Got the multifunction DRO, edge detect, profile and surface, a bunch of spare bulbs, a swivel vise with V-block attachment, a cover, and a nice cart.

Local company was doing a 5S housecleaning. GM said he moved it out of the lab 4 months ago, nobody complained so he decided it was safe to get rid of.

comparator.jpgstage.jpgDRO.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
Well, the real question is whether it was free. Or, what did you pay?

The occasional fits of 5S mania that some companies are afflicted with results in some startling occurrences on such occasions. I find it hard to believe that the practice of eliminating such intrinsically valuable equipment results in greater efficiency, but that's just me, I guess.

Well, the real question is whether it was free. Or, what did you pay?

The occasional fits of 5S mania that some companies are afflicted with results in some startling occurrences on such occasions. I find it hard to believe that the practice of eliminating such intrinsically valuable equipment results in greater efficiency, but that's just me, I guess.
I originally put the price in my post- then I thought it sounded tacky to say, so I edited it out.

But I'll tell- I gave $1600 for it, delivered to my shop. (There were 2 other comparators on my local CL. An ancient J&L for $1500, and a MIcro Vu for $1000, neither one had a DRO.)

It's a little bit dusty, but it's in perfect condition, not a scratch on it. It doesn't really show any signs of use.

The pics I posted are exactly how I received it, I'll clean it up better this weekend.

I haven't done the calibration routines yet, but I checked a gage pin and it was dead on.

I'll go through the calibrations and try the edge detection probe, I haven't played with that part yet. It's a complicated DRO, I need to hit the books,lol.

Back