What's new
What's new

Pratt & Whitney M-1471 Supermicrometer Manual

trunnion

Plastic
I just got an old Pratt & Whitney M-1471 Supermicrometer and I am looking for a manual for it. Maybe somebody out there has a machine like this and can help me out...I have searched the internet for information on this and have not found anything.

The trouble I am having is getting the anvil ends to come together squarely and I am wondering how to adjust this....

Please see attached photo (this is not mine, but one just like it)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Trunnion

Attachments

• mic.jpg
    mic.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 805
Hi Trunnion, The Supermic anvils can be aligned by rotating the headstock. Don't know about getting them square. There is a parallel mechanism on the tailstock that you might look at. Under the main screw there is a rod that you can adjust any accumulated error. It does this by rotating the nut as it traverses the one inch. Study it and you will figure it out. There are two screws to flex this rod that guides the nut. Clean the nut and screw, oil it with light oil, lap the faces, and measure away. These are quite nice.

Hi Trunnion, The Supermic anvils can be aligned by rotating the headstock. Don't know about getting them square. There is a parallel mechanism on the tailstock that you might look at. Under the main screw there is a rod that you can adjust any accumulated error. It does this by rotating the nut as it traverses the one inch. Study it and you will figure it out. There are two screws to flex this rod that guides the nut. Clean the nut and screw, oil it with light oil, lap the faces, and measure away. These are quite nice.

Thanks for the information, I will look at it closely and see if I can figure it out. Do you happen to have a manual for this machine?

Regards

Back