What's new
What's new

Problem in Measuring

dynastywarior

Plastic
Hello Dear Friends

We produce many type of water and oil API centridugal pumps. But for our rotine products we mostly order plug guages and snap guages and so on. But for our project base pumps which in this case they are in low quantity, we can not make guage for holes and other places ,we have to measure them by caliper or tiple jaw micrometer and stuffs like that which not so accurate method and also its time consuming ,,

So I need your suggestion for solving this issue, I mean whats your method for the issues like as mentioned above?

Thanks

Whats the size of the holes? What are the tolerances? How many holes? Are they all different sizes?

Hell just setup bore gages.

QT:[we have to measure them by caliper or tiple jaw micrometer and stuffs like that which not so accurate method and also its time consuming].

This must be a joke thread...enuffffffff said.

A Brown & Sharpe 13 grinder can grind <.0002 to a rod held between centers for a butterfly grind to make a gauge up to almost 8". because centers are about 8" off the table.
With riser blocks under the centers it can likely make a gauge to 24", yes one would riser block the centers 12" off table and move the grinding head all the way back..(Not sure of how far it goes back)

Yes a surface grinder with a centers fixture instead of the magnet chuck could likely do the same.
yes you would need a drill press to put in the centers in a piece of saw cut bar stock.
And a way to measure perhaps a surface plate and set of Jo Blocks.. or a set of good micron,eaters.

Yes you would need to hire a grinder hand to make this work and I am retired.... but for a price if you are not in a war-zone I would come teach your guys to make this work.

looks like a decent shop...
About | Soular Pump

Back