What's new
What's new

Quick Vision Locked

Eighthnote74

Plastic
Hello, I have a Mitutoyo Quick Vision Active. I was out with surgery for some time and in my absence the machine was moved. (bad decision). These machines lock themselves out after 168 hours of idle time after being moved. I will not bore you with the design flaws relating to that feature. My question is this. Does anyone know a work-around to unlock this machine? I'm certainly not going to pay a field service tech over $3000 to unlock a used vision machine.(nor can I afford this). Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.........

I previously posted this in "General" and a post suggested I try here for a response. Again thanks for any info/help.

Wow, it's like these machines aren't out there. Or maybe people that use them have never had to move one? Stay safe and employed everyone.

you got your answer. I guess you decided to post a new thread because you didn't like the answers you got?

I recently had a CMM moved from one side of the shop to another. I had to have Mits out to wave their magic wand over it. Nowhere near $3K

Apologies, I re-posted the thread because someone suggested that "General" maybe wasn't the best place for it. As far as not liking the answers I've received you are correct. There's no logic in what I've read so far. Bad actor states? I can move a lathe, a VMC, a boring mill or any piece of equipment in the shop without it being suspected of ending up in North Korea. Why a used vision machine? Also I was wishful in maybe someone that worked for Mitutoyo in the field and who maybe left the company to give me a work around. The way I see it Mitutoyo has no legal cause to prevent a piece of equipment that they have 0% connection to from being booted up and used. I hope Ford and Chevy never get wind of this practice. Thanks for the input though. Stay safe.........

I agree with you, it's bullshit. But I'm sure, somewhere in the fine print we agreed to it. It has to do with the technology in a vision system that they don't want in the hands of enemies. Same reason why Brother cant ship a 5x machine to the USA.

Seems like bullshit but is because Mitutoyo got bit in the ass hard by politics and no want to ever repeat that.
This is not Mitutoyo, they have no choice here and I'm sure would rather not have such PIA in place. It is government regulations and agreements.
Bob

Seems like bullshit but is because Mitutoyo got bit in the ass hard by politics and no want to ever repeat that.
This is not Mitutoyo, they have no choice here. It is government regulations and agreements.
Bob

I guess that's one of the downsides of starting a world war and coming out the looser. :D

I guess that's one of the downsides of starting a world war and coming out the looser. :D

I seriously doubt if WW2 has anything to do with this. Follow the money and see where it goes. If this is standard practice I certainly would think twice about buying a vision machine from Mitutoyo. I have an updated quote. $1750 to unlock the software. $3000 to calibrate. Might turn this thing into a boat anchor and put that money towards a piece of gear that pays me instead of cost me. Thanks all.........stay safe....

Back