What's new
What's new

Recent post on Metrology Forum moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milland

Diamond
GBC, if you want to lessen tensions and maintain decorum in the Metrology forum, then naming the two posters on your "statement" thread that you removed isn't helping. Simply say two posts were removed, or say nothing about the removal.

Passivation. Works for stainless steel and for moderation...

Thanks for posting this, I was thinking the same thing. Not sure I even see any reason to even say some posts were deleted, right in first post he wrote "not for discussion". Here they are to avoid going to other thread:

What I'm trying to do in Metrology is keep it about metrology without negative personal comments.

If this reduces the number of members that post so be it.

Leigh ran a tight ship. I want to do the same.

This thread is not for further posts or discussion.

2 posts (1 by barbter and 1 by camscan) within a minute have been deleted.

GBC, if you want to lessen tensions and maintain decorum in the Metrology forum, then naming the two posters on your "statement" thread that you removed isn't helping. Simply say two posts were removed, or say nothing about the removal.

Normally you'd be correct. If you go to other fora you'll find they both constantly comment my posts for no other reason than to see if they can get me to "bite". The reason I mentioned their "names" was to let them and others know who I deleted. They're having "fun" in another forum. That's for another moderator to deal with or not to deal with.

Think about it from my point of view. I want the metrology forum to go back to being about metrology. Certain members only want to constantly mess things up as much as possible.

If they posted something relevant or useful then that'd be great. I'd be more than delighted if I, as moderator, could just ensure this forum ran smoothly. It did so there's no reason it can't again.

I suggest you look at the now 2 closed threads and you can see what inaction by a moderator does. I tried keeping a low profile to no avail.

hanermo has managed to get his forum better than it was. Several of those that disrupted it most have chosen to see if they can do the same here.

The best way for all to keep me quiet is to just start relevant metrology threads and write metrology relevant posts.

Deleting post's again I see.....

It doesn't really make a damn.

Leigh ran a "ship" so tight the forum basically died of dis-use. If HE didn't argue with a poster, GORDON might jump in to argue with BOTH!

Few others often bothered, there being no shortage of metrology interest groups elsewhere on the 'net.

If Gordon does the same or worse? Who the Hell would even NOTICE? No more loss to PM than it had already seen.

Even a necrophiliac cannot do any more harm to a dead forum.

He MIGHT even do some good. If only by accident of attracting attention?

Folks have voted with their keyboards.

BFD. The wee troll is causing real folk to make fools of THEMSELVES? He LIVES for that. Don't feed that appetite.

Time to give it up... and go do something more useful.

Or even more USELESS.. if there be such of a thing even to be found?

It doesn't really make a damn.

Leigh ran a "ship" so tight the forum basically died of dis-use. If HE didn't argue with a poster, GORDON might jump in to argue with BOTH!

Few others often bothered, there being no shortage of metrology interest groups elsewhere on the 'net.

If Gordon does the same or worse? Who the Hell would even NOTICE? No more loss to PM than it had already seen.

Even a necrophiliac cannot do any more harm to a dead forum.

He MIGHT even do some good. If only by accident of attracting attention?

Folks have voted with their keyboards.

BFD. The wee troll is causing real folk to make fools of THEMSELVES? He LIVES for that. Don't feed that appetite.

Time to give it up... and go do something more useful.

Or even more USELESS.. if there be such of a thing even to be found?

Do you believe that post contributes anything to metrology?

Rather a few serious threads and posts than many that are just nonsense. "Nonsense" is used diplomatically. Yours and a few others often venomous posts basically hurt PM more than me.

Termite ur double talking jibber jabber and words salads that YOU think make you a word wizard are the chit on my screen here beverly. You claim pure blue blood and good learnin,
have ya forgot how and when to not talk?
Also, ur claim of speaking for all of us, its false.or a LIE.

peace an love at ya all.
Gw

Termite ur double talking jibber jabber and words salads that YOU think make you a word wizard are the chit on my screen here beverly. You claim pure blue blood and good learnin,
have ya forgot how and when to not talk?
Also, ur claim of speaking for all of us, its false.or a LIE.

peace an love at ya all.
Gw

Best of the season to you as well.

I post as but one observer. Minority? Seems not.

I don't work here. I don't even LOAF here, full-time.

Trolls as Moderators, OTOH, seldom work ANYWHERE.

:D

Best of the season to you as well.

I post as but one observer. Minority? Seems not.

I don't work here. I don't even LOAF here, full-time.

Trolls as Moderators, OTOH, seldom work ANYWHERE.

:D

thermite you are by far the most disruptive member PM has. For reasons I can't begin to fathom you choose to be negative on almost every forum and post you participate in.

As I've mentioned more than once you could put your knowledge to use but, more often than not, choose to do the opposite. Why you are tolerated in PM I've no idea.

How you choose to waste your time is up to you. Any threads or posts in Metrology by you and no longer relevant to metrology will now be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back