What's new
What's new

Simple Nikken tool presetter questions

Madis Reivik

Hot Rolled
Hello !

We have one simple used tool presetter

nikken presetter.jpg

And I got some questions, perhaps some can help :)

1) I did not find manual from web, anyone have it ?
2) Attached taper is stationary and not revolving. Can I measure tool runout by simply turning the tool in taper ?
3) Which would be the correct zero-point for tool length measurement ? Fixed taper surface ?

Thanks for paying attention !

Not sure why you need a manual? I used a Dorian brand that looked pretty similar. Just check length (and diameter for boring bars as needed), and punch in number at the control...

I would not turn the tool, I would turn the holder, but have to admit a little odd it does not rotate in the main base... Are you sure it is not seized up or anything? Ours had different taper adaptors you could mount, so they were a precision ground fit that turned with a bit of pressure, but not really hard, if that makes sense.

As far as zero setting (to your machine) mine was electronic and I could program in an offset to match the machine probe/toolsetter, but as long as you ONLY set tools with this, it shouldn't matter. Where you might get in trouble is setting some tools in machine and some with the pre-setter, if the numbers don't match up could wreak havoc on making good parts....

Thanks for answer !

I'm pretty sure it does not rotate, its bolted on the base. I searched for compressed air inlets, found none.
Since its 40 taper and I mainly use 30 taper, then I need adapter anyway. If one can recommend a good measurement-grade adapter, I would be happy

Back