What's new
What's new

Software measurement check systems

Crowndroyal

Plastic
Not sure if my title is accurate enough bit here it goes, I have had many jobs over the years in high production parts and almost every one of those jobs there was always a software program where we could see what dimensions to check and enter the dimension results which would then either tell you via some sort of text or visual format if it was in tolerance.
( green yellow red ) or give you text format of ( low med high ) and so on.

The results are almost on networks so that QC can get live results or a pdf etc format of results sent to them at a particular time.

These softwares also record speeds and feeds being used tool ware counters etc etc.

I have tried using Google to find these typea of software but have been unsuccessful.
I am assuming im using the wrong wording.

Is anyone able to give advice on these types of software ?

This sounds like one of (3) possibilities:
1. An add-on or optional package that you could buy with a CMM or some other sort of automated inspection system,
2. An add-on or optional software package that comes with a CAM programming package, to interface to on-machine probing and other inspection capabilities,
3. Custom-made software created for the specific company to allow this sort of activity.

I would first look for inspection software of various types. There may be stand-alone packages, as well as those that could be available from CMM manufacturers.

It wpuld be a specific software with the specific dimensions and tolerances set up in that software laid out kinda like an excel spreadsheet but more fancier.

The operator would use their tools like micrometers, verniers, depth guages etc, then type in the results to specific spots.

Kinda like machining production manager software

This sounds like one of (3) possibilities:
1. An add-on or optional package that you could buy with a CMM or some other sort of automated inspection system,
2. An add-on or optional software package that comes with a CAM programming package, to interface to on-machine probing and other inspection capabilities,
3. Custom-made software created for the specific company to allow this sort of activity.

I would first look for inspection software of various types. There may be stand-alone packages, as well as those that could be available from CMM manufacturers.

It would more then likely be the 3 option as we do not use CMM machines, or probes.

Most of the stuff we do is tube sheets baffels backing rings etc.

I just thought maybe there was software already out there that could be easily integrated into periodic tolerance checks by an operator drilling the holes.
That in turn could send real time or timed data to QC or upper management and to keep track of what operator did what and help force people to check their hole size etc.

Right now all we are using are go/no-go gauges, tubes and 3 point inside micrometers/bore Guage

It wpuld be a specific software with the specific dimensions and tolerances set up in that software laid out kinda like an excel spreadsheet but more fancier.

The operator would use their tools like micrometers, verniers, depth guages etc, then type in the results to specific spots.

Kinda like machining production manager software

Electronic micrometers, calipers, depth gages etc can be connected to the computer either by USB or wireless. Hit one button and the number is entered for you without risk of a typo. Electronic height gages usually have a foot pedal option. One hand holding the part, one hand on the height gage, and tap the button with your foot to record it.

I wish I could remember the software we used at my last place. I forget if our customer provided it or required. As the page asked you for dimensions, you checked them and hit the button on your gage to record them. We put our clock number in to show who was recording the results. After each part was finished an SPC chart would get updated at the top of the page. At the end of the lot the data was saved and the customer updated. We had one page per operation per part number. I want to say it had gage in the site name, and the only thing I keep coming up with is gagetrak, but that wasn't it.

I found it! We used Net-Inspect. Supply Chain Management and Quality Management Software | Net-Inspect

We started off using it for AS9102 First Articles, then for measurement collection and SPC, and then moved our machine PM schedule onto it. When a machine was due soon for a PM it would fire off an email to the appropriate person (as well as CC'd to the person above them). We had our work instructions on there so when they clicked the link the instructions came up and walked you through the PM, then you would click a few buttons and it would log that it was completed by the person logged in.

I found it! We used Net-Inspect. Supply Chain Management and Quality Management Software | Net-Inspect

We started off using it for AS9102 First Articles, then for measurement collection and SPC, and then moved our machine PM schedule onto it. When a machine was due soon for a PM it would fire off an email to the appropriate person (as well as CC'd to the person above them). We had our work instructions on there so when they clicked the link the instructions came up and walked you through the PM, then you would click a few buttons and it would log that it was completed by the person logged in.

Ill take a look, thank's

Back