What's new
What's new

Sony DRO nightmare Hopeless?

Bill Hale

Plastic
Have a DRO on my mill. Sony LH-200 with SR-2711 scales. Worked.

Display is getting more and more flakey. Bought a LH-20 display
that works great. Scales plug right in.

But.... I get 0.778" displayed inch per real inch. Scale
factor is wrong.

Is there any hope? Bill Hale Loveland CO

Bill,

Welcome to the forum. I recently had my Sony display fail and during the search for a repair answer I talked to the horses mouth. Give these folks a try, they're Sony, with a new improved name!:)

Stuart

Magnescale Americas
1 Technology Drive, Suite F217, Irvine, CA 92618 USA
TEL:+1(949)727-4017
FAX:+1(949)727-4047 E-mail: [email protected]

I have no idea if your Sony display is the same as the old one I had..a LH-42, but on that unit there is a parameter to set scaling. It's different from linear compensation. The program function display is "SCALING".

Stuart

Lh-200

Have a DRO on my mill. Sony LH-200 with SR-2711 scales. Worked.

Display is getting more and more flakey. Bought a LH-20 display
that works great. Scales plug right in.

But.... I get 0.778" displayed inch per real inch. Scale
factor is wrong.

Is there any hope? Bill Hale Loveland CO

Did you try taking the case off the original display and re-seating any and all connectors, circuit boards and any socket mounted ic's? That took care of the flaky issues on mine. Sometimes the connectors and plugins get a little corroded.
Charles

Did you try taking the case off the original display and re-seating any and all connectors, circuit boards and any socket mounted ic's? That took care of the flaky issues on mine. Sometimes the connectors and plugins get a little corroded.
Charles

I did exactly this because we know failures are usually connectors, etc. No joy.

It acts like the clock has failed. I see a 4 mhz crystal on the power board. With a schematic I could probably fix it. Crystals have lousy reliability too.

Thanks for the help. Bill Hale

Bill,

Welcome to the forum. I recently had my Sony display fail and during the search for a repair answer I talked to the horses mouth. Give these folks a try, they're Sony, with a new improved name!:)

Stuart

Magnescale Americas
1 Technology Drive, Suite F217, Irvine, CA 92618 USA
TEL:+1(949)727-4017
FAX:+1(949)727-4047 E-mail: [email protected]

For archival purposes, I emailed these guys and got a quick reply. The LM-20 is designed
for metric scales. Won't work with the SR-2711 english scales. Interestingly, when I
set the LM-20 to METRIC, it reads 20.000 per actual inch which is almost usable. Unfortunately
changing it to diameter goes the wrong way, making it 40.000 per inch.

BH

That crystal only runs the machine and effects how fast the electronics run.

All do age and the speed changes a bit and in radio we need to "tune" them but in this application it likely does not matter a bit

It will be running if "working" and dead if not.

Since running crystal good.

All scales have a resolution or bits per distance and the display simply counts them and converts to display them.

Your scales may not be compatible with your display unless there is a setting as already posted.

Focus your effort only on that task as the "box" seems to be just fine and doing exactly what it is designed to do .

Look for configuration settings to allow scales to be configured but it also may only work with certian ones...no clue there but others may already have been there.

Google is usual help here...Search exact and full model number plus word "configuration" or "setup manual"

Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Back