What's new
What's new

sony magnascale problems

sam_stlouis

Cast Iron
Not sure if this is the best place for this but it has to do with measuring tools.
Any way I just bought 2 machines both had sony magnascale 2 axis readouts, was told they both work, it was an auction so cant go back to them. It was a rough 6 hour drive, some bouncy roads.

Plugged them both in today, one does not work. Sony Lu10-1g5 it is 2 units stacked on top of each other with a power supply linking them. Neither unit powers up, so it makes me think it is the power supply. Does anyone know where to find a manual for these units, I have searched online and not found one yet. Is there a place that keeps old units, power supplys, cables, to get stuff from.
thanks
sam

Plastic
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given)
Likes (Received)
Default Source for older SONY / Magnescale DRO Manuals
All.

I was recently able to obtain a manual for my vintage (70s? 80s?) SONY Magnescale LH11 DRO (installed on a Bridgeport Series 1 mill) directly from Magnescale, after repeated attempts to find one elsewhere.

For inquiries, Magnescale asks that you use the following email:

mgsa-orders

at

mgascale.com

Hope this helps someone ...

--Andrew

Thanks, I seen the above post in my search and already tried seems to be defunked links, sent an email to sony hopefully then can get me a copy.
sam

Hi Sam, only problem I've ever heard of with Sony is electrolytic capacitors drying out. Might be worth a quick visual for any bumpy looking or bulged ends..

Back