What's new
What's new

Sylvac Z cal 600

JonP

Aluminum
Picked one up DOA, after a couple evenings tinkering I seem to have it working well. I have no experience with a motorized height gage so I am looking for a manual. I have figured out how to measure heights, and how to use the calibration block to find the size of the probe tip so you get the same going up or down. Also would like to know more about the hidden menus accessed while holding down a button when turning on the unit , ant info on calibration would also be helpful. I know this unit is 15 or more years old but I think it may still have a little life left. TIA for any info on this unit

We have 4 of these, some probably almost that old. You can measure a bore or hub diameter and centerline, slot width and center, flatness, parallelism, really a flexible measuring device. I equate it to a single axis CMM. I'l look for a manual to scan and post. I think there are you tube videos of how to use it also.

Thanks RJT , I am figuring this out more as time goes on, I got thr diameter and centerline figured out yesterday. The thing I’m having trouble with at the present is preseting , I started getting frustrated so I’m giving up for a few days. Rather than zeroing off the surface plate we usually preset off a jo block because our probe won’t always reach the surface. If you can find a manual and scan it I’ll be happy to make it worth your time, Thank You , Jon P.

Found this on line.
Height gauges : Height gauge Hi_Cal

there is a link for instruction manual download. Also a good video. I found our manual, not sure there is a preset function, just a zero set. We have 150 and 300. Website doesn't list a 600, maybe obsolete? If it's just a taller unit, maybe instructions will be the same. There is a 600 listed for a different style, is that what you have?

We have the Z-Cal 600 they are from the early 2000's then there were Z-Cal xxx Xt's and now there is Hi-Cal series the early Z-Cal's are quite a bit different than the newer Hi-Cal's the keyboard is a lot different ,a few of the menus are similar I've found out. I got the preset figured out today so i'm happy. There is lot of info on the Hi-Cal's on the internet and there are 5 or 6 in neighboring shops, one thing the Z-Cal has is a built in air compressor, it weighs almost 40 pounds so it slides on air bearings !!, push a button to slide !! Thanks for the info RJT, I think i'm in pretty good shape now, Jon P.

Back