Talyvel1 electronic repair questions
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Talyvel1 electronic repair questions

I have an older Talyvel 1, and having indicator issues, fluttering needle, etc. Powering it is not the problem. I decided to replace the capacitors, but having to find exact replacements are almost impossible and most unobtainium. Has anybody successfully repaired the electronics on one of these older units? They look to be rather simple...but.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well since I got such great feedback on this, I though I would post an update. I replaced all electrolytic capacitors with similar values. It seems to be more consistent, but really didn't fix much. One thing I would like to make clear to potential buyers ( EBAY, etc.) of these vintage units(Talyvel1&2 ? ) , If it doesn't work perfectly now...IT IS WORTHLESS!!!. DO NOT PAY BIG BUCKS IF YOU CAN'T VERIFY THAT IT WORKS PERFECTLY!!! So many of the vintage components (germanium transistors) are almost impossible to replace. I am working to make a replacement board, but it is alot of work, and I just hate to have a worthless piece of crap in my collection.