What's new
What's new

Tesa 400

Eighthnote74

Plastic
Hello, I've tried the manual. I've tried the instructions I received from B&S. I have a Tesa 400 Plus M. The manual I have is the same 169 page manual that B&S were referencing when they answered my email. If anyone has this height gauge and/or the manual here's my dilemma. The instructions on page 34 on setting a reference zero does not behave at all the way the instructions read. Another way to set zero at the midpoint of a part is to use the S-1 (single touch no probe compensation) and measure the part. My instructions from B&S read to simply hit the Delta (triangle) icon and that would set zero in the middle of the part. No triangle icon. I know that setting zero in the middle of a part should be easy with this gauge. Keep in mind I can not use the slot feature and beep in two directions. I have to be able to hit what I'm sitting on, hit the top of the part and have the Tesa figure the midpoint. Not the distance. Zero......... any help is appreciated. Stay healthy......

You don’t have a delta? That is strange.

Anyway what I would do on a 400 is vertical probe, “set zero” single beep the plate or block or whatever, single beep the top of the part. You’re now 0.00000 on the screen. Double beep the top of the part. This new number on the screen is halfway through the axis travel, aka the middle of the part. Hit “set zero” again, don’t beep anything. Hit the => icon once and you’ll get something that looks like =?>ST2. Enter that new number into the keypad, and hit F1. Your screen will show 0.00000 and your zero is now the middle of the part.

Hope that helps!

Edited to add: I normally use the delta for this. Beep the plate, beep the part, delta, F1 ST1, done.

Thanks for the response but none of this works. I need to do what I described with the horizontal probe after it's been calibrated on the master. I did try your instructions with the vertical probe just to check that out. When you first mention "You're now 0.0000 on the screen" my 400 shows the height of the part. Zero on the table, height is what is shown when beeping the top. I tried every which way to get something to duplicate from your description with no result. As far as the delta (triangle) the delta on the keypad does nothing but double beep. I can get the delta to show on a function key after making random move with the 400 and I actually thought I was onto something but the numbers on the screen were double what they should have been. Even then when re-probing the bottom and top it would just reset itself. B&S method was more like your edit above. Beep the plate, beep the top of the part, hit the delta. I'm at a loss why this 400 doesn't seem to match up with everyone else's. I'll keep trying. If you do happen across a possibility I'd be very grateful to receive that info. Thank you and stay safe.

Here's the closest I've come. Calibrate the horizontal probe on the master like normal. Shift to S1. Probe base with one point. (screen shows 0.0000) Probe top of part. (screen shows 3.0000)(no delta available) Probe base again. (Screen shows 0.0000) Delta now becomes available. This is where nothing I press seems to change anything. The Delta function key when pressed turns to a mid-point icon. When pressed again turns to a faded mid-point icon. When pressed again turns back to Delta icon. I can hit the arrow down and see a list of the different points I've touched and I can even choose two of them but doesn't seem to help anything. Again this is as close as I've come to making anything look like the instructions. Page 34 also seems like something that should work but doesn't. For now I'm measuring the overall, dividing by 2 and setting zero off a stack of precision gauge blocks.

Edit: Everything above may apply but I've ran across another discovery. (lack of a better term) After I beep base, top, and base again I simply hit the mid-point icon on the keyboard (not the function keys) and the number that represents half the part shows on the screen. How to set zero there is still in the works. I'm on a mission. Thanks,

Problem solved. Thanks for those of you that responded. No Delta, No mid-point. This works using S-1 or S-2. Simply set zero on the base. Probe the surface you want to use for the overall. Divide by 2. Hit set zero but do not beep anything until you hit F2. Icon looks just the opposite of the set zero icon. Using the keypad enter your height divided by 2 and hit enter. That's a preset. Beep the surface again and it will make that surface whatever number you punched in. Actually easy peazy.

Back