What's new
What's new

Who Can Repair Starrett Electronics?

awdavis01

Plastic
I have a Starrett 3752 24" height gage with electronic head issues. The display is 'waving', none of the buttons work, and it does not register any measurements when installed on the gage column. I am using the correct batteries for this item. Please see the video on this item at https://youtu.be/ReYoryqNEvk.

Does anyone know a company or individual who can examine/repair the electronics on this gage?

Have you contacted Starrett? About the only way to fix it is to replace the board. On a 6" caliper you just throw them away and buy a new one. 24" height gage might be worth fixing, if you can find the board.

I'd call Starrett too. A buddy of mine recently bought a secondhand Starrett profilometer off eBay and it didn't work right, gave us an 'E' for error when we tried to calibrate it. He sent it in to Starrett and IIRC they fixed it up for under $300.

Have you contacted Starrett? About the only way to fix it is to replace the board. On a 6" caliper you just throw them away and buy a new one. 24" height gage might be worth fixing, if you can find the board.

I've contacted Starrett and they don't fix these, they simply ask you send in yours and they give you a $300 discount on a new 3754. Since I bought this for $80, I'll either find someone who can examine capacitors/LCD displays, or turn it into a lamp.

Back