Close
Login to Your Account
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TGTool View Post
    ^^^
    I know you believe you you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant.
    That's what I like,logic. You've done me out of the job.

2. Likes barbter liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    Says Billy boy with almost 27,000 posts
    Yah, well. it's actually closer to 37,000, but yah know what?

The fields of interests are way wider and the repetition rate is way lower than your ones. Some are similar. Most are not.

So..... at least a minority of folks seem to get sumthin' of use out of one or two now and then, even if only some issue or machine specific research they did not have as easy a time doin' and I DID have - or just an overdue dirty laugh.

At your expense? Well... you worked for that, you earned it, no one wants to deny your right to self-abuse if you love it that much, do they?

Besides, you surely ain't the only one I piss-off, are yah?

Life's a Bitch. Until you have divorced one and done better, next go, anyway

4. Likes camscan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Yah, well. it's actually closer to 37,000, but yah know what?

The fields of interests are way wider and the repetition rate is way lower than your ones. Some are similar. Most are not.

So..... at least a minority of folks seem to get sumthin' of use out of one or two now and then, even if only some issue or machine specific research they did not have as easy a time doin' and I DID have - or just an overdue dirty laugh.

At your expense? Well... you worked for that, you earned it, no one wants to deny your right to self-abuse if you love it that much, do they?

Besides, you surely ain't the only one I piss-off, are yah?

Life's a Bitch. Until you have divorced one and done better, next go, anyway

You know what Godron,the man is always better than the boy,give up.

6. Likes Dualkit liked this post
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    You were doing OK there and then you bugger it all up by suggesting common sense. I don't want common sense, I want(as in demand) the job.

Sod this for a game of soldiers, the thread is dragging the metrology sub-forum down to the America & Europe sub-forum's levels of discussion.

Were you serious about wanting the job?

If not, I'll throw my hat into the ring as a volunteer for moderator. I don't post all that much on the sub-forum, but I was one of the ones that voted for its creation and I do read all the posts.

[Background]
    In my earlier years I was responsible the electrical power, temperature and pressure measurements, calibrations and data logging for a major company for the purposes of steam turbine performance/guarantee tests with up to 2$M per percent error at stake in the mid '80s. I've taken part in calibrations of temperature, pressure and electrical load measurement instruments in five countries and directly with two national standards organisations.
    [/Background]

That was quite a few years ago.

Metrology for me nowadays is micrometers, callipers, squares, straight edges, gauge blocks, a few optical flats and a sodium lamp, two granite surface tables and three surface plates, plus two autocollimators, mirrors and many carats of diamond powder waiting to turn some of the surface plates into laps to re certify the surface tables. All living in a shed with ±1°C temperature control in a completely non-professional environment.

I have no commercial or professional role in metrology any more, but do have the time to gently keep an eye on this place and try to keep the posts on topic. If needed with PM warnings, posted reminders or (in extremis) thread locking as appropriate, but no deletion or editing!

If anyone else wants the job, please take it, otherwise I'll stand for it.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Happy to second Mark Rand for moderator - he being willing and all.

9. Likes camscan, Dualkit liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by plastikdreams View Post
    Look just cause I said it doesn't mean I have it...it's not very common yaknow
    Lawsters. including my US Law prof of 47 years ago who just handled a matter for me last year.. Solicitors, Barristers, Judges, Jurists in general, UK as well as US...will tell you there IS NO agreed definition of "common sense" under the Law.

I gets 'em every time.

"Surely there is. See 'prudent man'".

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Happy to second Mark Rand for moderator - he being willing and all.
    Thurded if you're happy Mark

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rand View Post
    Sod this for a game of soldiers, the thread is dragging the metrology sub-forum down to the America & Europe sub-forum's levels of discussion.

If not, I'll throw my hat into the ring as a volunteer for moderator. I don't post all that much on the sub-forum, but I was one of the ones that voted for its creation and I do read all the posts.

[Background]
    In my earlier years I was responsible the electrical power, temperature and pressure measurements, calibrations and data logging for a major company for the purposes of steam turbine performance/guarantee tests with up to 2$M per percent error at stake in the mid '80s. I've taken part in calibrations of temperature, pressure and electrical load measurement instruments in five countries and directly with two national standards organisations.
    [/Background]

That was quite a few years ago.

Metrology for me nowadays is micrometers, callipers, squares, straight edges, gauge blocks, a few optical flats and a sodium lamp, two granite surface tables and three surface plates, plus two autocollimators, mirrors and many carats of diamond powder waiting to turn some of the surface plates into laps to re certify the surface tables. All living in a shed with ±1°C temperature control in a completely non-professional environment.

I have no commercial or professional role in metrology any more, but do have the time to gently keep an eye on this place and try to keep the posts on topic. If needed with PM warnings, posted reminders or (in extremis) thread locking as appropriate, but no deletion or editing!

If anyone else wants the job, please take it, otherwise I'll stand for it.
    Your assessment on that metrology is being dragged down is correct. I'm hoping it does get a new moderator soon and with your background you certainly wouldn't be a bad choice.

The only thing I disagree about what you wrote was "no deletion". Some have no regard for warnings and love to see how far things can be pushed.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Your assessment on that metrology is being dragged down is correct.
    For obvious reasons (RIP Leigh) this is a one off unusual thread in here and it is general discussion.
    But go back to page 1 and read it all through.
    Then look in the mirror.

You're welcome.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The only thing I disagree about what you wrote was "no deletion". Some have no regard for warnings and love to see how far things can be pushed.
    Sounds like a threat Gordon, given how you used to pick fights with Leigh when you got bored over to the other playpen.

Another good man has the courage to invite us to his dyin' in advance, YOU end up making the thread about yerself, scant space for other folk to even say their goodbyes.

How long d'you expect to play them same wore-out "look at ME" 78 RPM records, anyway?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Mark Rand;3445324]Sod this for a game of soldiers, the thread is dragging the metrology sub-forum down to the America & Europe sub-forum's levels of discussion.

Please take it Mark,I have no interest in it whatsoever.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Another vote in support of Mark here.

17. Likes camscan, Mcgyver liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Another good man has the courage to invite us to his dyin' in advance, YOU end up making the thread about yerself, scant space for other folk to even say their goodbyes.
    You're something else again. RJ (Newbould) and I exchanged hundreds of emails both while and after he was a moderator. He even sent me his book free to read and was interested in my opinion. You only appeared after I posted in that thread. You never even contacted his widow to offer condolences.

Calling you a hypocrite would almost be a compliment.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You're something else again. RJ (Newbould) and I exchanged hundreds of emails both while and after he was a moderator. He even sent me his book free to read and was interested in my opinion. You only appeared after I posted in that thread. You never even contacted his widow to offer condolences.

What did I just say? It's all about Gordon, Gordon's free reading material, Gordon's "opinion" and GORDON's correspondence, yah?

You've NO idea what several among us communicated about OFF the public stage.

More than a few sound reasons for leaving you out of that loop.

"Loop"?

Why Gordon, I do believe you would try to upstage the condemned at a public HANGING just for the attention off it.

'nuf said.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wonder how many of us didn't contact his widow to offer condolences?
    You really are something else,if I ever find out what it is I will let you know. You have got problems,I suggest you seek medical help,it's free and must help you.

21. Likes Dualkit liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    I wonder how many of us didn't contact his widow to offer condolences?
    it's "Practical" Machinist.

Offers to buy goods, guide a business restructure, find buyers for gone-surplus equipment.. try to fill the pragmatic needs SHE indicated need of a bit of help or guidance for., "several hands" had applied their own resources to..

I did say "PM"?

Having Gordon's Solar Flare activity altering emails bronzed and attached to a granite monument, Everglades Park was never on her list that I recall.

Surely not on ours, either. Then OR now.

WTF *is* it with him?

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

WTF *is* it with him?
    *him* is what it is...

24. Likes converterking, camscan liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

...and now he is the moderator, so every %$#@! post everywhere is not hidden.

This ranks right up there with the "Baliegh tools" forum, and mebfab ruining the for a sale section.

Picking up speed fast now.

Not sure if it's a hill or swirling.

Thanks for nothing Don.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    ...and now he is the moderator, so every %$#@! post everywhere is not hidden.

This ranks right up there with the "Baliegh tools" forum, and mebfab ruining the for a sale section.

Picking up speed fast now.

Not sure if it's a hill or swirling.

Thanks for nothing Don.
    Hahahaha!
    I had to just check.
    It says Moderators. Plural. More than one!!!
    Or just more than one split personalities?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture.jpg  

27. Likes Demon73 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Give Milicron time. Leigh did a good job so no need to rush things.

Relax, I haven't volunteered
    Relax, neither have I.