Likes Likes:  0
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Manifold under Carriage: I identified were each of the five lines discharge lube. The last line that exits the front of the carriage has me perflexed. The end of the lube line exiting the carriage lines up with an opening in the cross feed housing. Seems logical that it is designed to lube the cross feed. Only my carriage has a dog point set screw in it. And there is a recess around the set screw which has a rubber o-ring to seal the cross feed to the carriage. This dog point set screw is not drilled so the only way lube could pass is thru the threads. ??? Any idea what's going on here? Why plug this line? Sheet 151 for the carriage gave me no answer since the set screw and o-ring are not even shown. My 10 EE is a 1966 model if that helps. Appreciate any comments.

Sounds like the previous owner was trying to restrict oil flow.I would get rid of the set screw, and see what happens. You may have to change the meter at the manifold to a smaller one if it is pumping to much oil. I have '62 EE, and I bench tested the carriage and apron assembly to make sure oil was going where it was supposed to go. I also have a sixth line going to the inside flat way. Thanks for the tip on the "O" ring, that would explain the dripping I see where the cross feed assembly attaches to the saddle.