10ee AC Magnetic Starter
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am trying to change over a 10ee with a generator drive system from 440v to 220v.
    I need a 220v coil to go in the magnetic starter. Does anyone know where I might get this item.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Some of the coils are dual voltage. Look in the cover and on the coil itself for the info. If you don't find anything, get the manuf name and the part number and go to your local electrical supply house that sells that brand. You can call around and ask them if they sell that particular brand first. The most common brands like Furnas, GE, and Square D (and others) are usually easy to find. Good luck, Bobby

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The WiaD main contactor appears to be purpose-built for Monarch by Cutler-Hammer, just as is the spindle drive motor relay box.

The parts which need to be changed for a 480/460/440 to 240/230/220 conversion would be: 1) the main contactor's coil (Cutler-Hammer); 2) the work light transformer, if installed (GE); 3) the C16J filament transformer (Monarch); and 4) the combined 3C23 and EL 1C filament transformer (also Monarch).

The total consumption of the above-mentioned subsystems is about 350 VA, so a 500 VA 240 to 480 transformer could supply all these needs, with capacity to spare for the coolant pump, if supplied. A rewired, composite control system would be required.

For single-phase installations, you could make the three-phase coolant pump motor into a self-starter by placing an 8.75 microfarad (give or take) motor run capacitor from one of the lines to what would be the B-phase of the motor. The rating of this capacitor should be 1.56 times the RMS voltage applied to the motor.